Greetings, Defenders of Valor!
So, I just came back to WoW after having taken a break for a few months and noticed that my old guild is completely dead - no one had logged in pretty much since I left. Inspired by this freedom of guildlessness, I thought I might try finding me a proper raiding guild, which is something I've never really been a part of. This was mostly due to the fact that I was underage back then and no one wanted me to ruin their raids with my limited child-brains. I did do some casual raiding with a casual guild back in WotLK. Other than that I've mostly just played WoW for the social experience instead of trying to achieve something concrete - I've spent countless hours just running around the world, helping new low-level players and looking awesome while doing it. When I started the game, I met a max-level player (I thought being max-level was an incredible achievement.) with an awesome mount and awesome-looking gear who helped me with a couple of quests. After that, looking cool to new players has become something akin to a fetish for me. There's always been some lazy PvP going on too, but never got hardcore with that after my dearest friend quit playing. I'm 19 (male), living in Finland, redoing some school stuff so I can get on with my dream of becoming an astrophysicist.
Onwards to the actually important information:
- My in-game name is Fatalsugar, never got anywhere with alts because I'm too emotionally attached to having only one character. (I do have a rogue around lvl 60 but he's pretty much dead to me.)
- I play shaman with no real preference for a spec. I'll play any spec you want me to! (I don't have any enhancement gear though.)
- My professions are alchemy and engineering.
- Here's me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/auchindoun/Fatalsugar/simple (Most of my gear is PvP stuff since I've only played for a week.)
- By estimate, for the next 12 months or so I'll be available 24/7 due to not having a life. After that I'll be available in the evenings.
- I've been playing WoW since WotLK came out. After Cataclysm was released, most of my friends quit and I've only been playing for a month at a time every now and then.
- I tried AION when it was released but never even got to the maximum level.
- I've mostly been in finnish social guilds. All of these guilds have died out. Other than that, I once joined a raiding guild which didn't have a problem with my age. I raided through some Ulduar (And some Icecrown Citadel with one of the previously mentioned finnish guilds.) with them, but my membership ended after a week when my friends decided to migrate to a PvP server and I had to follow them.
- I found DoV by simply using the guild-search function in-game. "We have been around since 2003 - we are established and stable as a rock. We know what we are doing." This phrase convinced me to send an application.
- I expect to find new nerdy in-game friends (which I have none at the moment) and to start raiding seriously for once.
As you can probably deduct based on the above, I'm not exactly what you would call experienced. However, my body and mind are yours to mold into whatever you desire, should you find me worthy. I'm a quick learner and pride myself as someone who doesn't get angry at anything.
Humbly waiting for your response, oh noble Defenders of Valor.
- Fatalsugar (Ville Räsänen)